Why do I have to have my Supervisor order my Examiner Certificate?

Under the new Examiner Certification rules it is your employer’s responsibility to determine your recertification eligibility and recertify you when appropriate. Although WCCA has developed some CEC tools to assist your employer in this process, we do not have the authority to recertify any examiner. Therefore the Examiner Certificate must be ordered through your employer and is only valid when it has been signed by your employer.
Pursuant to current Oregon law, only insurance companies, self-insured employers or TPAs can certify or recertify a claims examiner. If you are not currently working for an insurance company or self-insured employer, you should continue to maintain proof of your CEC hours. Ideally you should keep separate folders for each recertification period to ensure you have adequate hours for each recertification period.

How can I find out what events I have attended?

If you or your company are a current WCCA member you can request a letter from WCCA indicating the WCCA CEC hours you have received over the course of the year. We will only be tracking WCCA events; courses offered by any other source are not tracked by WCCA. If you are not sure of your membership status you can check our Membership List for your company’s membership status. If you believe you may hold individual membership but wish to check, please contact the WCCA Secretary or secretary@wccaonline.org

I need some CECs but am not employed right now. What is a scholarship?

Scholarships are available for members only (an unemployed individual may join WCCA using the Individual Membership option in order to access this benefit) , the person must be unemployed, and there is a limit to one scholarship per person per year. Scholarships are only available for the seminars. Call the WCCA President or email to: president@wccaonline.org.

Platinum Sponsors