Sr. Workers Compensation Claims Representative
Website ESIS, Inc
ESIS Sr. Workers Compensation Claims Representative(Job Number: 338418)
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
ESIS, Inc. (ESIS) recognizes each risk management program is unique, and we are committed to providing consultative and innovative solutions to drive superior results for your program. Our culture and vision enables us to effectively operate as an extension of your risk management program, aligning combined goals to form a collaborative partnership.
We recognize our clients’ desire to do things differently, and we are confident that our integrated approach will deliver better overall results for your program. ESIS’ specialized claim intervention strategy integrates an effective deployment of resources and appropriate actions, which are essential to your program’s success
ESIS employs more than 1,500 professionals in nine regional centers and 15 major claims offices, as well as local representatives in select jurisdictions. We take our fiduciary responsibilities seriously and are proud to manage over $2.5 billion of customer losses and over 320,000 new claims annually. We specialize in large accounts which have multi-state operations. For information regarding ESIS please visit www.esis.com.
ESIS is seeking an experienced workers compensation claims representative for the Portland, OR office. The person in this role will handle and maintain all workers’ compensation claims and file reviews under general supervision of a supervisor and as part of the ESIS team.
Responsibilities include investigating claims to determine extent of injury, reserving and effective case management. Utilize medical cost containment measures to control loss dollar pay-out. Review status of claims and develop strategies to effectively manage to conclusion. Consistent delivery of superior customer service. Qualified candidates must possess experience in managing workers compensation claims investigation/ adjusting, including knowledge of applicable state/local legislation. Experience in a third party administrator (TPA) environment is a plus. Knowledge of Workers’ Compensation laws and procedures are required. Candidates must have the ability to work independently, while assimilating various technical subjects, as evidenced by successful completion of a college degree or equivalent practical work experience. AIC/CPCU is preferred, and candidates must also have solid computer software skills (M/S Word, Excel).
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handle multiple demands & priorities, from a variety of sources, simultaneously
- Maintain ESIS Standards & Best Practices
- Adjust claims with the ability to follow company policies and procedures
- Handle and resolve conflict effectively
- Meet goals & objectives established by ESIS and the Claims Vice President
- Escalate issues appropriately and follow through
- Be a problem solver with excellent problem resolution skills
- Meet and maintain customer service requirements and have the ability to follow ESIS processes.
- Make sound judgment decisions and have the ability to differentiate information.
- Communicate effectively both written & orally
- Respond to customers appropriately, timely & accurately
- Ability to remain calm and professional during peak periods of activity.
- Handle multiple computer applications and vendor systems to manage caseloads
- Identify and determine short term and long term financial exposures and establish accurate financial reserves to meet Client, ESIS and Carrier expectations
- Effectively and accurately manage large sums of client or carrier funds
- Comply with all statutory reporting and licensing requirements for multiple jurisdictions
- Determine, calculate and issue accurate benefit payments to injured workers, medical providers and vendors in a timely fashion
- Clearly and concisely document the ESIS claim system with activities, investigations and plans in a timely fashion
- Qualified candidates must possess experience in managing workers compensation claims investigation/ adjusting, including knowledge of applicable state/local legislation.
- Experience in a third party administrator (TPA) environment is a plus.
- Knowledge of Workers’ Compensation laws and procedures are required.
- Candidates must have the ability to work independently, while assimilating various technical subjects, as evidenced by successful completion of a college degree or equivalent practical work experience.
- AIC/CPCU is preferred
- Candidates must also have solid computer software skills (M/S Word, Excel).
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For additional information about Chubb or its services, please visit our website at http://www.new.chubb.com.
In order to be considered an applicant for employment with Chubb, all applicants must go to Chubb’s Careers website to apply for the position(s) of interest and complete an online application. If you do not complete the online application, you will not be considered an applicant in accordance with Chubb’s policy.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.
To apply for this job please visit acetalent.taleo.net.