Executive Director – Public Employer Risk Management Association
Public Employer Risk Management Association (PERMA), New York
The Public Employer Risk Management Association (PERMA), located in Albany, NY seeks its next Executive Director. PERMA is a member-owned, not-for-profit association, of public entities providing risk management services and workers’ compensation coverage through a group self-insurance program. Specifically, PERMA offers workers’ compensation, employers’ liability, volunteer firefighters and volunteer ambulance workers benefit law coverage, and scheduled and secondary medical coverage for volunteers.
Appointed by and reporting to the PERMA Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for directing the organization in a manner to ensure effective and profitable operation and growth. The Executive Director is accountable to the Board and the membership for optimum service and financial return. The Executive Director’s duties also include assistance and implementation in the development of policies, business plans and for establishing the necessary controls for operating efficiency.
Located about 100 miles north of New York City, the Capital Region, also known as Tech Valley, has much to offer; from nature, culture, restaurants, and entertainment, top notch hospitals, colleges, and universities. The Capital Region is surrounded by the beauty of The Adirondacks, Lake George, Lake Placid, the Catskills and the Berkshires, so the location is ideal for outdoor enthusiasts. Housing is affordable and the job market is strong.
More about PERMA: www.perma.org
The successful candidate will have a combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the work, similar to the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Public Administration, Risk Management, Finance, or related field is expected, plus at least ten years of experience in a public sector benefit administration and/or association management with an emphasis on workers’ compensation or overall insurance program management. A Master’s is preferred. Extensive background and knowledge of local government operation is highly desirable. A designation such as ARM, ARM-P, CRM or CPCU also desirable, or any combination of education and experience that would demonstrate the ability to perform the work.
- Candidates must have extensive experience in risk management, insurance administration or a related field. Proven experience in public sector risk management and workers’ compensation is highly desired.
- Candidates must possess a strong financial acumen with an appropriate tolerance for risk, and the ability to maintain the Association’s conservative fiscal approach while providing valuable service to its members. Understanding and strong evaluation skills of both insurance accounting functions and budgetary activities are a necessity and requirement of the position.
- Candidates should have strong experience in the resolution of major claims. Experience with and active participation in settlement conferences is highly desirable.
- Candidates should have an appreciation for information technology and the role it plays in the administration of PERMA’s internal organization, and its programs and services; be committed to utilizing technology to operate as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Candidates must have strong decision-making skills with the ability to analyze the issues and provide the Board with recommendations that reflect the Association’s goals and values.
Expected starting salary for the position is $200,000 to $225,000 +/- DOQ. Submit résumé, cover letter, and contact information for five professional references by August 16, 2021, online to Joellen J. Cademartori, CEO, GovHR USA, LLC – www.GovHRjobs.com. Questions regarding the recruitment may be directed to Joellen J. Cademartori, CEO, GovHR USA at 847-380-3238. PERMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit govhrusa.applytojob.com.